Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Jeff Burton vs Tony Stewart


I love the controversy I seemed to have started by having Tony higher up on my bucket list than Jeff. Most people who know me, know very well that Jeff is my number one driver. He has been since 1997 and always will be.



I mentioned in one of my previous blogs that they are two entirely different racers. There are night and day differences between them and each has qualities that speak to different parts of myself.

For example, Jeff is a brilliant public speaker. I could sit and listen to that man forever talk about NASCAR and his ideas to make the sport better. He was instrumental in safety innovations and is an overall wonderful spokesperson for the sport. He's also a devoted husband and father and I have a deep respect for any man who fulfills those roles in todays society!

Jeff appeals to my conservative side yet also has a deep passion for the sport.

Tony on the other hand obviously needs to work on his people skills, but has so much passion for racing that his spark is exciting to watch on and off the track.

Tony appeals to my hidden wild side. The risk taker, take no shit attitude that we all probably wish we could display.


Perfect example is of his little run in with Kenseth tonight at Bristol. Instead of the politically correct answer of "I don't know what happened since I have yet to see the replay" we discovered Tony is very ticked off and wasn't afraid to say it! And may I add that he threw his helmet and hit Kenseth's car dead on!

I have many items autographed by Jeff Burton. I've seen him in numerous hospitatlity tents and I feel that he's an easier driver to get close to compared to Tony. It's for that reason, and that reason alone that I decided to focus on Tony this year. I know how difficult it is to get his autograph let alone a few one-on-one moments with him. Meeting Tony was a bigger challenge thus the rewards would be sweeter if/when I succeeded.

So, put it to rest people! Jeff Burton still holds the top spot on my list. He has the place of honor on the front of my car and Tony is on the back and that my friends, will be the way it is for as long as I'm a fan of this sport!


2 comments:

  1. Nothing could honor a team and driver more than when we used the #99 Exide car as the focal point for the Make-A-Wish extravaganza in Cheboygan. Bands, games, food, drawings and best of all we formed a family and community committee in which you chaired, very successfully I must add. Why am I mentioning this - well - you know the value of role models and HEROS, especially for kids and Jeff Burton fits that mold perfectly! Yes, Jeff is #1 for lots of fans! It's great to look deeper at a driver than his racing statistics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This must be my mother! Only you could remind me of the good ol' days. We really had fun with the Families Who Care fundraisers didn't we? XO

      Delete

If you do not log in to Google, please leave me your first name so I know who posted the comment.